Monday, May 19, 2008

my life and The Smiths

It is terribly difficult to try and describe myself without explaining the music I listen to.  We listen to music because of the emotional connection made between listener and sound, much like the emotional connection made between two people.  But can this be substituted?  Like thousands of other introverted, quiet, shy and emotionally wrought individuals around the world, The Smiths have struck a chord deep into our hearts and minds.  People often do not understand the unbreakable connection to this music, Morrissey's poetry, Marr's riffs.  It is even troubling for me to express with words.  There is no denying the importance of this band in my life, since I started listening five years ago, it has truly shaped the individual I am, for better and for worse.  I have no regrets.




2 comments:

Shaka said...

Too bad the Smiths suck...HAHA!

Birds said...

Ariel Pink covered this night has opened my eyes, and it's really gorgeous.